4.28.2012

...Learning Me Some Skills...

Thanks to everyone who has been checking in on my posts for this year's KCBW! I have had a lot of fun putting them together and reading others!

Today's Topic: Improving Your Skillset

I have known how to knit 4ish years now and have only been serious about it for 2 years (?). To say that I need to improve my knitting skills is an understatement. I will say I have come a long way in 2 years, just look at some of my early posts. Wow. Was I really THAT bad?

I have learned a few things year, to name a few:
  • Cables
  • Top-Down, No Seams (thank goodness) Sweater Construction
  • Jogless Stripes (Thank Goodness!)
  • Several different cast on, increase and decrease methods



I like today's topic because it gives me a chance to record what I would like to improve on (perhaps a secondary YOP list?). Bahaha!
  • I would LOVE to improve the general look of my knitting. Sometimes it just doesn't look even and smooth!
  • I would enjoy trying some Fair Isle.
  • Seaming. If there is a fool-proof way to teach a fool how to do this, please let me know. I am terrible at it.
  • And if you read my son's post from yesterday (Can't believe he hacked my blog. Smartest 11 month old I know.) I would like to learn Amigurimi.
This looks like a list I can work on throughout the year, in fact, I will add them to my second Year of Projects list now! (Oh, you know you have already started! And if you haven't, check out Blog A Long at Ravelry!You should join us! )

2 comments:

  1. I said the same thing about using my list in my blog as a Year of Projects list! I so dropped the ball on this past year because that list was so over my head realistically to complete haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to add these to your year of projects!

    ReplyDelete