4.15.2012

...Year of Projects Update...


I cannot remember the last time I wrote a YOP update on SUNDAY! Not yet in 2012 I am sure! I wish I had a super duper update but unfortunately, it is a small one again.

I did have a chance to work on the Special Occasion Scarf, which is a YOP item, towards the end of the week. At first, I wasn't really excited about it...something about fingering weight yarn and a lace pattern just was not appealing to me. But after I got going and somewhat memorized the pattern, I felt a lot better. (of course, watching Arrested Development probably helped some). Only had to rip back a couple times before I came to my senses and threw in a lifeline here and there. My goal is to be at the end of the skein by the end of this week.



A friend from high school is having a baby girl early next month and I did not have her present ready at the baby shower. EEK! I finally finished that up this week and am looking forward to sending it to her.

 

The pattern is Hospital Hat. I made one for A and really enjoyed the pattern. Funny story...my plan was to knit it all pink. Then I ran out of pink yarn RIGHT at the decreases. I REALLY did not want to buy a whole skein (what?! I didn't??) to finish it out. LIGHTBULB IDEA: I will turn it into a watermelon!! Well, a seedless watermelon...I wish I would have thought of this before then I would have added seeds! Oh well! 

I am about half done with the project bag (ran out of yarn on this one too!) and am looking forward to finishing that up this week.  

Thanks for checking in!

9 comments:

  1. Cute hat! I thought it was a flower of some sort when I first saw the pic :-) Either way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW...it does look like a flower. Maybe I will let the recipient decide what it is ;)

      Delete
  2. Adorable hat. You could always duplicate stitch seeds onto it, if you wanted!

    Your endless scarf sounds like perfect TV knitting. You know they're making an Arrested Development movie, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about stitching seeds into it...of course, that WAS after I packaged it up! LOL! I DO know they are making a movie, pretty excited about it! :)

      Delete
  3. That hat is so cute, looking great, hope you get to the end of the skein on your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your seedless watermelon hat - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how "accidents" can sometimes make knitting more interesting -- your watermelon hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that little watermelon! You are so talented, just whipped that out after running out of yarn? ummmm, Arrested Development? I knew I liked you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarf stitch pattern....can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete